Thursday 24 December 2015

If life was a POEM.

If life is represented by either a poem, short story, or drama, which one would mine be? It had me thinking for a while. a drama sounds fun and accurate for most people's lives as it has its beginnings, climax and endings. However, i prefer to see mine in a form of poem.


I found myself
hunting the truth,
but finding the
unexpected.
I found what my
senses
couldn't show me.

I found the truth
that relays silently,
in the unknown.


Imagine yourself watching a drama or reading a short story. Everything about its contents is pretty forward. what you see is what had happened. Now, imagine your life as a poem. Most part of the poem needs proper translation to be understood. each emotion felt would be written as another word or phrase. "Run into joy screaming - Happiness or relief. "I leave behind a trail of black rose petals, as I drift into the lighted hall." - forgiveness or retaliation. so, anyone who's reading my life poem will take their time to translate it. This shows that events throughout a lifetime is not that easy to be explained. it shows that life is confusing. It shows that emotions are difficult to be portrayed.


Isn't life confusing? Isn't life mysterious? Doesn't a poem fit to be written as your fate? A drama or short story might demonstrate the anger you once felt, but in a poem, the elements such as hyperbole, metaphor, and personification aids in projecting the emotions so expressively to the point that readers are able to feel the anger themselves. Why watch yourself aggressively throw a punch at your cheating boyfriend when you can express it beautifully in a poem instead? emotions are more expressive in poems. emotions are more memorable in poems, emotions are more beautiful n poems, emotions are more truthful in poems.

P.S if I really have the chance to convert my life into a poem, I want a little girl dressed in black, short haired with a hat on to recite it. Everything around her is dark, only a beam of light can be seen on her. You would slightly hear the sound of people snapping their fingers in the background. the little girl opens her mouth and say, "Her name is Mira.."

No comments:

Post a Comment